Today, FEMA Disaster Survivor Assistance teams will begin visiting impacted areas throughout the city. Messaging is currently going out through Norfolk Alert, NextDoor and additional available means informing citizens of the following:
1. FEMA will be in the area
2. They will travel in teams and have proper credentials
3. There are no charges for their assistance and they will not be asking for money. If someone contacts you and says they’re from FEMA and asks for money, call and report it to 757-664-6510. We will maintain a list of all authorized FEMA representatives.
Just as a reminder, you can register for FEMA assistance through the following means:
1. Call 800-621-FEMA(3362) or TTY 800-462-7285
2. Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov
3. Register with a representative of FEMA’s Disaster Survivor Assistance teams in the neighborhood.