The Wards Corner Taskforce met on October 14, 2010 at the Fitness and Wellness Center. Councilmen Winn and Protogyrou were present. A short list of the issues reported on or discussed:
- The meeting started off with a crime report. Don’t leave your GPS unit in your car. It will get stolen.
- Pulse has opened up where the old Nutty Buddy’s was located. It is a bar/club with DJ’s playing “european” and “house” music. It is under the same ownership as Nutty Buddy’s and owner Annette Stone gave a short presentation on her new concept.
- Elite Fitness 365 has opened in the northeast quadrant of the Corner. They have purchased new equipment and leased over 7500 square feet.
- The parking lot in the shopping center of the northwest quadrant is in need of repairs. The City is reaching out to the property owners and will report back at the next meeting.
- The broken pavers on the west side of Little Creek and Diven are going to be fixed. A contractor is assessing the damage and will provide a cost to the City this month.
- There are 114 active property maintenance cases reported in Denby Park (PD 38) through 10.8.10: 36 Code Enforcement Cases; 1 Code enforcement Placard, Grass Abatement and Inoperable Vehicle; 65 Rental Inspection Cases; 7 Legal Notices for Trash and Debris; and 3 Legal Notices for Tall Weeds and Grass.