The City of Norfolk has received the following applications regarding the new Harris Teeter anchored shopping center planned for the southeast corner of Wards Corner:
1. Conditional Change of Zoning. The applicant is asking to rezone the entire block to Conditional C-3 with conditions that the property shall be developed generally in accordance with the layout attached as Exhibit A, that the outparcel will be single user, and that the buildings constructed will be consistent with the appearance in the rendering attached as Exhibit B.
2. Adult Use Special Exception for the sale of Alcoholic Beverages for off-premises Consumption. The applicant is requesting to be able to sell Beer and Wine from 6:00AM to 12:00AM daily at Harris Teeter.
3. Special Exception to Operate a Retail Establishment After Midnight. The applicant is requesting to operate a full service Harris Teeter from 12:00AM to 12:00AM daily.
4. Special Exception to operate a Commercial Drive-Through Facility. The applicant is requesting to operate a branch banking facility with drive-through lanes to serve customers, including automatic teller machines.
5. Special Exception to operate a Commerical Drive-Through Facility. The applicant is requesting to operate a drive through out of the end unit of the shopping center serving food and beverages. The hours of operation indicated are from 6:00AM to 11:00PM. The exhibit to this request indicates a “COFFEE HOUSE” in that location.
The complete application can be viewed here (PDF).